Monday, February 22, 2010

Mark Levin Blasts Glenn Beck in Facebook Posting; Says Beck's Approach will "Keep the Statists in Power for Decades"

This is worth it's own post. After posting about Bill Bennett's rebuttal to part of Glenn Beck's speech at CPAC, I also see that "The Great One" - Mark Levin, has written on his Facebook a similar rebuttal to Beck's assertion that there is no real difference between the Democrat and Republican Parties. Levin says he agrees with Bill Bennett's rebuttal. Here is just a portion of what Levin wrote:

I agree with him (Bill Bennett). I have no idea what philosophy Glenn Beck is promoting. And neither does he. It's incoherent. One day it's populist, the next it's libertarian bordering on anarchy, next it's conservative but not really, etc. And to what end? I believe he has announced that he is no longer going to endorse candidates because our problems are bigger than politics. Well, of course, our problems are not easily dissected into categories, but to reject politics is to reject the manner in which we try to organize ourselves. This is as old as Plato and Aristotle. Why would conservatives choose to surrender the political battlefield to our adversaries -- who are trashing this society --when we must retake it in order to preserve our society? Philosophy, politics, culture, family, etc., are all of one. Edmund Burke, among others, wrote about it extensively, and far better that I possibly can. But all elements of the civil society require our defense. Besides, why preach such a strategy when conservatism is on the rise and the GOP is acting more responsibly?

Moreover, when he does discuss politics, which, ironically, is often, how can he claim today that there is no difference between the two parties when, but for the Republicans in Congress, government-run health care, cap-and-trade, card check, and a long list of other disastrous policies would already be law? The GOP is becoming more conservative thanks to the grass-roots movement and a political uprising across the country, which has even reached into New Jersey and Massachusetts. Why keep pretending otherwise? My only conclusion is that he is promoting a third party or some third way, which is counter-productive to defeating Obama and the Democrat Congress. These are perilous times and this kind of an approach will keep the statists in power for decades. . . . . MORE

commoncents February 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM

What a speech! We have it posted (in 6 parts) on Common Cents

Anonymous,  February 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I have heard Mark Levin rag against Glenn Beck on his radio show and as with the comments he made concerning Glenn Beck is way off base. I have long considered Hannity and Levin mouth pieces for the republican party and Levins comments just affirms that. Mark claims Beck is splitting the "movement." Well, Mark, it is not your movement. It is not a republican movement. It is a citizens movement. It is a movement outside of the republicans and your attempts to help hijack and divert the passion of mass discontent to benefit the republicans is perverse.
I think Glenn Beck did a great job at CPAC, as he does every day on the radio and TV. I think your criticism of Beck is simple jealousy. I think your lack of respect for Ron Paul is simple ignorance coupled with blind obedience to the republican party.
Some of the worst violations of the Constitution were during the Bush presidency. The last time I checked, he was a republican.
You seem to be far more ignorant of what happened in the last election than you should be, so let me explain it to you…It was not that voters were so pro Obama, they were not sending the democrats a mandate. That is not it either. It was and still is about the fact that we know the democratic and republican parties are Siamese twins joined at the wallet. They both spend our money recklessly. One of them spends it on one thing and the other spends it on something else. They both ignore the Constitution and grow the government.
You think the third party talk should be crushed. That shows you just don't get it. The American people are fed up with the republicans just as they are with the democrats. They are part of the problem, not the cure. We are tired of the "lesser of two evils" argument. Where it really counts, there is not allot of difference between the two parties…so the party is over!
Get over it or get the hell out of the way!

Brian February 22, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Mark Levin and Bill Bennett were right about Glenn Beck's attacks on the Republican Party at CPAC. The two parties are very different, and conservatives must unite behind Republican candidates to stop the Obama agenda.

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Mark...It's so sad to see you bash a fellow patriot like Glenn Beck. He is right when he says one party wants to tax and spend the other doesn't want to tax but still spends. How many of these pork barrel ear marks go to Republicans? Is that not true? I'm a life long Republican, but I am ashamed at all the reckless spending and the deficits that may never be able to be paid off. Did you listen to Beck's entire speech? Is there nothing he said you do not agree with? He didn't say don't vote or support Republicans...he said vote for conservatives. Today Senators: Snow, Collins,Bond, Voinovitch, and sadly Brown voted for the Dems farce of a jobs bill. This validates Beck's CPAC speech. His message in a nut shell is it's time to stop this crazy spending...we are out of money. Are you saying we should support these senators because they have an R after their names?? I would like to see you, Sean, Rush, and Bennett stop being or acting like jealous little kids...you don't have to agree with everything Beck says, but at least give credit for the things you can agree with...there has to something Mark!

Michael February 23, 2010 at 9:18 AM

I am a Tea Party organizer, and I am disappointed in Mr. Bennett's comments. I have personally met the man, and he is a patriot and wonderful person, but he got this wrong. Also, Mark….you got it wrong, too. This is not about a third party.

In our movement, we are not promoting a third party. We understand that we have to work in the confines of a Two Party system. So we decided that it be best to organize and join people in a United Cause....fiscal conservatism, limited government, and personal responsibility. We consider ourselves as a pool of voters that both the Republicans and Democrats have to EARN OUR VOTE! By doing exactly this, we hope to drive BOTH parties towards conservatism. They will be forced to do it if they want our vote.

We are tired of the political pendulum swinging back and forth, and getting the same big spending results. We are tired of our Constitution being put in the shredder. We also realize that political parties are about the party first. Then they may consider representing “We the People.” We are trying to get the parties to represent the citizens like this Republic was designed to do.

Whether it is Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Mark Leviin, or many others, they are all peddling patriotism for bucks. Glenn probably most guilty of the three I mentioned. I was at a Tea Party in Fort Worth, TX this last Sept 12th. Judge Napolitano came down to speak at this event. It cost $14,000 for him to come speak. I say that if you are a patriot you should do it for free. That’s what we are doing. We are spending countless volunteer hours to try to make things happen, and none of us are getting paid to do it. We are giving our whole hearts to this cause.

The beauty of the Tea Party movement is that we don’t tackle the social issues. Those are not even put on the table. It would destroy the movement. That’s the advantage that we have over both parties. We are just trying to stop the bleeding in this Country, and get it back on track to grow the economy and not the Government. This is our only way out.

We don’t plan to go away. We are and are going to be the Political Watchdogs!

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 1:49 PM

How dare any of you so that Mark Levin is out of touch? Mark has written, spoken, and acted on and about liberty his entire life! He is a true patriot, not just some talking head from the republican party. Mark says that conservatives need to take over the republican party because for too long re-pube-iks have run the party into the ground, and let the dems run all over it! "anonymous" said...."I often listen to your radio show. Some of what you say makes sense in spite of your continual whining and the obnoxious way you treat your callers. In spite of the few points you make, you are not in the same league with Glenn Beck or Ron Paul." Not in the same league with Beck or Ron Paul? Just because Beck writes 4 books a year, and Ron Paul thinks America is to blame for the terrorists attacks on our homeland, doesn't make them the voices we should be listening too! I dare you to call into Mark's show and challenge him on anything he says.....he will destroy you with the truth, conservative values, and his knowledge of the constitution.....so anonymous what about all the other parties that are out there including the "constitution party, green party, libertarian party, american party, moderate party, modern whig party, marijuana party, prohibition party, socialist equality party, socialist party usa, socialist workers party"....you see the point? there's hundreds of parties out there that will not matter in a vote unless they take needed votes away from the GOP....that is what's going to happen in Nevada, and i'm sure you and I can agree that Harry Reid needs to go! and what is it exactly that Ron Paul has been saying for a long time that Mark and Hannity are just now realizing? that it's americas fault we were attacked on 9/11? He's fiscally sound but on matters of National Security he is simply dangerous~!

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I don't understand the criticism of Mark Levin here. Sure, there are problems with the Republican party. I've heard Mark say that. Mark Levin wants true conservatives to take back the Republican party. That is the way to fix the problems in Washington. He doesn't endorse the Republican party just because they're "Republicans." The Republican party used to represent true conservatism, and Mark wants it to return to that. I say get these spend happy "Repubicans" out of Washington, and replace them with conservatives. If that's what Beck said (I didn't watch the speech), then that's great. Mark Levin says the same thing.

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 8:46 PM

this was my point... mark said "but for the Republicans in Congress, government-run health care, cap-and-trade, card check, and a long list of other disastrous policies would already be law? The GOP is becoming more conservative thanks to the grass-roots movement and a political uprising across the country, which has even reached into New Jersey and Massachusetts. Why keep pretending otherwise?" Yesterday's vote in the senate was not pretending...it happened. I never said I thought Mark was out of touch at all... I think he is brilliant. My only complaint is his constant bashing of Glenn Beck...you know...like how he calls him "The 5 o'clocker"? To me that is childish and below him. Beck presents his views his own way based on hard facts and history...no one has proven anything he has said as false. Mark may not agree with some of what Beck says...but I have yet to hear Beck bash Levin,Hannity, or Rush..in fact I have heard him speak well of them. Has Beck done or said anything that deserves being completely bashed by a "fellow" patriot?

Anonymous,  February 24, 2010 at 8:23 AM

you did say he was out of touch......"In addition, you, Hannity and others run down Ron Paul. You say he is out of touch, but it is simply you who are out of touch and out of tune. Dr. Paul has been standing alone for a long time saying the things you and Hannity are just beginning to realize." I believe Beck is promoting a third party by the way he speaks and what he says. this would be a disaster to the GOP.

Anonymous,  February 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Levin is a brilliant mind. I purchased Liberty and Tyranny. Enjoyed it.
Ron Paul loses me due to his association with Alex Jones. Hannity and Levin lost me as a listener as they talk over and cut off any voice with a varying opinion whether it be a conservative or liberal caller.
Beck gets on my nerves sometimes and I just fast forward or stop and delete his show that I DVR each day.
Rush is just right. Beck has the following and respect of "normal folk" that Hannity and Levin can't relate to. I offer this as proof. How can Hannity have Carl Rove, Dick Morris, John McCain, Newt and many others who were active participants in betraying the conservative fiscal values that contributed to this crisis?
I have ALWAYS voted Republican with the exception of Perot. The Republican party is what it is. Can Sean, Mark or Bill Bennett look me in the eye and honestly say that Michael Steele is the best person to represent the GOP? Can they honestly tell me that Sarah Palin really owes McCain? It was painful to see her put politics over principles...sort of like catching your straight A student reading Rules for Radicals, then trying to convince you that there are merits contained within.
Yes, each of you speak with elegance. Mark, you are brilliant in many ways. I just don't understand why 98% of my Republican representatives deserve another term. Where does the spending end? I have been unable to secure work 12 out of the past 18 months. My parents lost everything when they lost their restaurant. I have finally accepted unemployment for the first time in my life at 46. I began working at 13. I served my country also.
Beck retains my support as I don't see any solution other than voting out every incumbent. I believe there are millions of voters who will send that message loud and clear in November. It is not unpatriotic to admit my party has some problems. The progressives/libs/dems will never have the spine to admit they are wrong. They are unapologetic and ruthless liars.

Anonymous,  January 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I agree with many of the comments people made on this forum. Mark Levin thinks he is so above everyone else in terms of understanding the Constitution, etc. I heard him put down Ron Paul, saying he's a ob/gyn and he's talking about the Constitution? So to him, you have to be a lawyer to be able to understand the Constitution? It's virtually impossible for him to engage in conversations with people who disagree with him. He spends the entire time either analyzing the caller or double-talking him to death. I'm amazed that people even try to debate with him. Neither he nor Sean Hannity will debate callers about Ron Paul. Their minds are closed. All they can see is which Republican can beat Obama, not who can save this country..??