Saturday, January 16, 2010

Glenn Beck Tells O'Reilly that Sarah Palin is "the Most Guarded Woman I Have Ever Seen in My Life" - Video 1/15/10

Here is video of Bill O'Reilly talking to Glenn Beck last night about Gov. Sarah Palin's debut on Fox News as a Contributor.

Beck said his opinion of Palin is that "she is the most guarded woman I have ever seen in my life." Beck said "Palin knows she is swimming in a tank full of sharks." He told the story that when he first saw her the day of the interview, Palin was "googling" the "25 windows" of the Statue of Liberty. Beck said he asked her, "what 25 windows?" She responded "in the Statue of Liberty," because she thought he might ask her a gotcha question about it.

Beck said he attempted to have a "conversation with her" that would allow her to reveal herself.

They discussed her answer to Beck's question to her about which Founding Father was her favorite. O'Reilly and Beck felt her immediate answer was "not good," as she first said "all of them." Truthfully, Beck did not let her finish her sentence, and she went on to say "George Washington."

O'Reilly was the first to have Palin on as a Contributor. She talked to him on Tuesday.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Oh Lord. People want me to put this country in the hands of a woman so freaked out by interviewers that she googles things? I am annoyed that SarahPalin is getting such a pass from conservative voters. Even Bernie Goldberg agrees that Hannity, Oreilley, and Beck are having a love fest with this woman. If she can't handle the interviews from these guys who clearly adore her, what is she going to do in the high pressure job of the US presidency? If she has to guard herself just because she's afraid she might not know about the windows in the statue, what on earth makes anyone think she's up to the most difficult job in politics? Governing our great nation takes nerves of steel, confidence, command of the details and she just has not demonstrated this----even with friendly interviewers. I think apologies go to Katie Couric for all the mean things said about her interview. Even Beck called bullcrap on the "all of them."

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I am a long-time Republican and I did not vote for Romney. I regret that. This woman gives all of us conservatives a bad name. We are the party that values intelligence and competence. How can my fellow conservatives really believe that someone should be president based on personality not merit? I thought my party believed in people earning their way into positions of authority and power. This is a sad day for conservatism and I fear we will end up with Sarah Palin as a nominee and fail to live up to our values in the eyes of our fellow citizens. She is not prepared for the job nor does she seem interested in getting prepared. People have convinced her that she is qualified Glenn Beck had the audacity to compare her to George Washington-----is this a new party that I see? One for wishful thinking and not reality?

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Bernard Goldberg is liberal. So he is hardly the best person to ask about Sarah Palin. She has been right on the isssues. That is more than one can say about Barack Hussein Obama.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I think if Palin said the truth, that she likes all the founding fathers, then that is the truth. People will have to live with it. You don't want her to start lying like the current president to please everybody.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I have not seen anything to dislike in Sarah Palin. The left hates her because she stands for traditional values and believes in something other that augmenting her ego. I haven't seen the latest interviews, but all I hear is people taking one "gotcha" point out of an entire interview and judging her by it. This is what the left does. Is that our goal to be more like them? If you truly want to evaluate her, listen to a complete interview.
I know that she believes in a strong military, free enterprise, and personal liberty. That sounds good to me.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I don't have a favorite founding father. Am I supposed to have a favorite founding father? I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks whether or not I have a favorite founder, or whether I admire all of them. Nothing here, move along.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I thought that Glenn Beck's question was rather odd. He could've asked her about the founding fathers in the context of how their ideals and intentions might've influenced her politics, but to ask "who is your favorite," well, I found it strange. I've never heard another politician asked that question before. It's no wonder she's so guarded when she has to face such inane questions as that.

DEO,  January 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Palin can't answer ANY questions.

She GOOGLES before a softball interview and doesn't even know what questions to google because she doesn't have a clue. It's hit or miss.
Her defenders say SOMETIMES SARAH CAN, SHE SOMETIMES SHE GETS IT RIGHT, etc...yeah, I guess if she googled the question that day, she may have a talking point or two. IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH? Forget Obama. IS SARAH GOOD ENOUGH on her own without ripping someone down first to compare her to? I am tired of Palinbots saying WELL, SARAH IS CERTAINLY BETTER THEN HAVING BALONEY STAPLED TO YOUR FACE...
NO, she isn't. Baloney stapled to your face is preferable. You can say the worst thing about Obama and it doesn't make HER any brighter.
She is a dim bulb with big hair.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I like Sarah Palin because her love for her country is obvious. I like her for the success she had in setting in place the natural-gas pipeline. I like that she has hunted and fished. I like her kids and husband. I like that she cleaned up the Republican Party in Alaska.
I like her a lot.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Sarah Palin is a nice looking Neo CON that Supported the BAILOUTS!

She is another sell out skirt with a pretty face.

3rd party or bust...

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM

After getting hammered mercilessly by the left and her own party since the day she accepted the nomination for VP, how do you expect her to act?

Of course she has to be prepared. Prepared for every question on every subject. Prepared for every interview, all the time.

She'll grow into this. Reagan went on the radio for two years prior to his successful run.

Anonymous,  January 17, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Beck is projecting. Did you hear the way he opened the interview with a reading from his journal and hear the repeated comments that he can't trust anyone?

Thank goodness Governor Palin will look up information. The more interesting part of that section was her reaction to her son's tatoo.

Anonymous,  January 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I think that America will never get back on their feet until they end thease Godless Wars.From a humanitarism and finacial point of veiw. I do not think this endless war will bring peace and peace is victory. Ron Paul would be Americas salvation. I can not help but be suspicious of Beck and Oreilly for not supporting him.Sahra Palin I think not.