We Have a New Home! Please Click Below to Go to the New Freedom’s Lighthouse!

freedomslighthouse.net

Blog Archive

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Video Shows Terrifying Moments as Crowd Tries to Escape Russian Nightclub Fire - Video


Here is video taken inside a Russian Night Club that caught on fire as a result of a Pyrotechnic display that went off inside the building. The plastic ceiling caught on fire, filling the nightclub with noxious smoke almost immediately. At least 107 people died, and 130 others injured:

PERM, Russia — President Dmitry Medvedev on Saturday demanded that Russia tighten its notoriously lax fire codes after the deadliest blaze since the Soviet era killed at least 107 people celebrating in a nightclub with a decorative twig ceiling and single exit.

About 130 people were injured, dozens critically, when onstage fireworks set the ceiling of the Lame Horse nightclub ablaze soon after midnight, witnesses and officials said. Many victims were trapped in a panicked crush for the exit as they attempted to escape the flames and thick black smoke. . . . MORE


Below is a video report on the fire:

1 comments:

omega 3 December 6, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

Nope, never been to Russia, but even the biggest nightclubs are still small buildings and have too little space and ceiling heighth to allow fireworks to always fizzle out without landing on something.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP