Monday, November 16, 2009

CBS News' Bob Schieffer Calls Palin an "Amusement"; Does Not Think She Will Run for Office Again - Video 11/16/09

Here is video of CBS News' longtime Washington Correspondent Bob Schieffer today on CBS This Morning where he said he "can't imagine" that Palin has "much future in politics." Schieffer said he does not think Palin will ever run again, "and if she did, I don't think she would get very far."

Schieffer pointed to the fact she left the Governor's office in Alasaka "because it was too much for her," and believes that will really hurt her if she runs in the Republican primaries in 2012.

Schieffer siad he believes Palin "will sell a lot of books" and be an "amusement," but clearly does not think she will ever get to first base if she runs for President.

This is about as dismissive as it gets. The long-established media does not take Palin seriously in the slightest. I don't think Schieffer realizes how large Palin's base already is within the Republican Party. If she runs, she will be formidable within the Republican Nomination process. What is yet to see is whether she can get independents and more conservative Democrats to move her way. That is what would be necessary to defeat Barack Obama in 2012.

Anonymous,  November 16, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Thanks Bob for getting up early and giving us inanities and nonsense. You can go back to sleep now.

Anonymous,  November 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Oh Bob!! you silly rabbit... you scared silly rabbit!!

seriosuly dude, I am an independent that did my own research to figure out what this woman is about, and what she has accomplished.
I am happy to say, this is one FORMER MSM reader/watcher who now realises that the MSM is a bunch of pathetic elitist lefties. Sadly, you people actully think, people like me will base our opinions on your elistist holier-than-thou opinions. I saw that game played with Hillary Clinton, and now my eyes have been completely opened!

If Sarah Palin ever runs, I 100% plan on supporting her! And I am a registered lifelong democrat who is now becomning an independent.
a Palin Independent.

Austin Fitness Trainer November 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Bob's commentary is condescension at it best

Carlos Echevarria November 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM

What an utter surprise, Schieffer thinks Palin is clown material...this coming from a guy whose heroes entail Fidel & Raul, Chavez, McGovern, Carter, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Comrade Zero, etc

Anonymous,  November 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM

The leftist media takes Palin seriously and they are afraid of her. That's why they are doing everything in their power to to try to discredit and destroy her.

You can tell who the left fears by who they attack the most.

Anonymous,  November 17, 2009 at 12:25 AM

As a proud supporter of the President, I would be more than happy to work on getting Sarah Palin the Republican nomination in 2012.

There wouldn't be an easier road to re-election for Barack Obama.