Saturday, September 12, 2009

NBC Report Says Their People Estimate 9/12 Crowd in the "Hundreds of Thousands" - Video 9/12/09

Here is an NBC video report on the massive "Taxpayers March on Washington" today. The NBC reporter, Tom Costello, led into the piece by saying Park Police estimated the crowd in the "tens of thousands," but he said "Our own people (NBC's) say in the hundreds of thousands."

The report describes the message of the crowd, and shows scenes from the rally.

NOTE: If the NBC people are willing to say "Hundreds of Thousands," be sure it was AT LEAST that many!

Anonymous,  September 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM

If the "National Barack Channel" , says that the crowd was in the hundreds of thousands, it must be! Because they would hardly ever say anything that would go against the wishes of the bleeding hearts!!!

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 12:37 AM

MSNBC is claiming it was not tens of thousands but instead HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS-LOL! The DUmmies must be going nuts!

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 1:25 AM

The lib channels usually take the real number, then divide by at least five, to get their final tally.

Carl H,  September 13, 2009 at 4:39 AM

retarded fox and malkin usually inflate the number by 20x's. so 70-120K is about right

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Retarded Carl H. - where did you get your numbers? Were you even there? Get a grip m*r*n.

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Have the patience to see the official Park service 'grid' estimate. I've seen the 'grid' estimate that was done using the same method that the Park service does to calculate numbers of people in certain 'grids' in DC. That 'unofficial estimate' puts the crowd at about 1.2 million people.

So.....let's wait on the Park Services official count.

Again, thanks to ALL who attended. We couldn't be there, but glad that you all were!!

2010 and 2012 VOTE all incumbents OUT!!

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

We left the rally at around 3pm and caught the metro back to shady grove, the Metro cop stated that
Cspan reported the crowd at 1.2 million and counting. Not bad for a conservative movement.

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I was there and the Brits had the best estimate. I saw elderly people and disabled vets standing shoulder to shoulder with young people for 8 hours.They are angry at all of our so called representatives.They are sick of being ruled,not represented!
I didn't see any Racists, but did see people of every race ,age,& party.
To quote Admiral Yamamoto after Pearl Harbor "I am afraid we have awakened a sleeping giant."
The giant is awake again, and the socialist would do well to take note.

Anonymous,  September 14, 2009 at 7:12 AM

I was there. I have been to many football games where there were in excess of 100,000 in attendance so I know what that looks like. This crowd was much much larger than that. I don't profess to know how many, but I do know that "tens of thousands" is gross understatement.

BrianinMO September 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for the first-hand account. The fact the NBC reporter said "hundreds of thousands," as well as the aerial photos / video of the event pretty well confirms what you are saying.

The fact our liberal commenters here at Freedom's Lighthouse have spent about a million words this weekend trying to prove a smaller crowd also pretty much proves an enormous crowd was there.

Anonymous,  September 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I wish I could have been there to lend my support. This is wonderful to see. It's too bad our President decided to miss the party!

lfhudson,  September 14, 2009 at 5:28 PM

My husband and I were both there. I can promise you that there were well over 1 million. The Brits are now saying 2 million!!! I know that many of the liberals wish our numbers were not that strong but they were. We're ready to get back to the country our forefathers envisioned!!!

Anonymous,  September 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Say it's a million people. Barack Obama won the Presidential vote by more than 10 million and that's an accurate count. Why can't cons accept that? When Bush "won" the presidency, libs accepted it. We supported Bush after 9/11. The only protests were against the stupid war on Iraq. Now, Obama's trying to put America's fiscal house in order after Bush left us deep in debt and facing a depression, and righties are whining "He's not MY President"
Grow up and get on board or get out of the way!

BrianinMO September 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Anonymous,
You are joking, right? Liberals NEVER accepted George W. Bush as President! Remember the constant "Florida" drumbeat, "He was selected, not elected?"

Now I think that was wrong. I accept that Barack Obama is the President. But I opposed his election because his ideology is wrong for America. Therefore, it would be ridiculous for me to turn around and support his implementation of that ideology. Conservatives opposing him does not mean he is not accepted as President. He is President - until the voters say otherwise. But his being President does NOT mean opposition to his radical ideology goes away. It never will.

Anonymous,  September 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM

you know what a liberal is right?????

it's simply a person that disagrees with a republican!

Aria September 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I have done my own study base on a devised stationary methodology and calculation which you can find it here.

It's backed by visual evidence (pictures and clips) all available in the same entry, plus determining the boundaries of the rally and calculation of the final tally derived from the density of the crowd at each given block. My calculus puts the figures around 130k up to 160k.