Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fox News Major Garrett Has Heated Exchange with Robert Gibbs over People Receiving Emails Unsolicited from Axelrod - Video 8/13/09

Here is video of Fox News' Major Garrett getting into a heated exchange with White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs today about why people who have never signed up to receive emails from the White House are getting emails from White House adviser David Axelrod pushing Obama's Government Health Care Plan. Garrett pushed Gibbs on how these people got emails when they never asked for emails.

Gibbs was totally unprofessional towards Garrett, trying to tell Garrett how he should ask his questions and finally cutting him off by saying, "Let's go somewhere else that might be constructive," as he called on someone else.

Via Breitbart.tv

Carlos Echevarria August 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Brian, get sight...are you going to re enable to add to Facebook/Twitter, etc. feature buttons?

thanks

Anonymous,  August 13, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Major i am listening to your dust up with Robert Gibbs and just looked at my emails, and I have one from Axelrod, and I have never signed for anything from the White House. I hae also received some from the president and deleted them without reading them

Anonymous,  August 13, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I too have received emails from the whitehouse. I did sign up for ACORN and Organize for America to see what they were up too,,,,,, probably they gave it out

Carol August 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I too have received unsolicited emails from Obama. After 3 or 4 of them I noticed and signed the "no" box at the bottom so have not received more. A few days ago I did "turn myself in" as "fishy" to Flag site tho! Keep up the good reporter work....You got to "uh, um, uh Gibbs"!

David,  August 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Major: I too have been receiving e-mails from the Pres and White House. The only thing I signed up for was Social Security news releases.

Anonymous,  August 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I also receved an unsolicited e-mail from Axelrod. I never signed up for anything from the White House and was puzzled how my e-mail go on the White House address list.

Terry

Diogenes August 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM

This is a travesty! I call upon COngress, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, and the National Security Administration to fully and complete investigate this matter.

To think that, in this day and age, American citizens can receive an unsolicited e-mail! This raises significant privacy concerns for all of us in the good old U.S. of A. And, if this continues, my mailbox may become full, and I won't be able to receive important e-mail communications, like those notifying me I have won the Nigerian lottery, or advising me how I might be able to add 15 inches to my penis.

We don't worry AT ALL about Cheney Inc. accessing all of our e-mails, but we worry about receiving a single e-mail from David Axelrod? C'mon, folks: liberalism is not THAT highly contagious! You'll survive.

(And before you do it, yeah, I know: "it's the principle of the thing".

Edward53 August 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I have also received emails from the President, his wife and several from David Axelrod. I have never given them permission to send me any kind of mail and they're definately not on my email list. How in the world did they get my email address? That's an invasion of my privacy.

Anonymous,  August 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM

He also said in there "Let me finish needling Major."

So, what's "needling?"

Anonymous,  August 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM

MAJOR, I am wondering if it is possible that the e-mail addresses we obtained thru the IRS. Those addreses are out there by those who file their taxes on line.

Diogenes August 14, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Oh, how ridiculous! When you file your 1040 electronically, you don't file it through your e-mil account.

And if you don't believ me, ask the black helicopter pilots hovering over your backyard.....

Kennedy1110 August 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I think Gibbs should have had Major
removed for disrespecting him & trying to make something out of
nothing.