Saturday, August 22, 2009

Disabled Marine Veteran Reminds Dem Rep. Baird Nazi Brownshirts were from "National SOCIALIST Party" - Video 8/18/09

Here is video of a disabled American Marine Veteran who absolutely took Democrat Rep. Brian Baird of Washington to the woodshed at a Town Hall Meeting on August 18, 2009. David Hedrick is the speaker and he uploaded this video of himself to YouTube:

I, David William Hedrick, a member of the silent majority, decided that I was not going to be silent anymore. So, I let U.S. Congressman Brian Baird have it. I was one questioner out of 38, that was called at random from an audience that started at 3,000 earlier in the evening. Not expecting to be called on, I quickly scratched what I wanted to say on a borrowed piece of paper and with a pen that I borrowed from someone else in the audience minutes before I spoke. So much for the planned talking points of the right wing conspiracy.
Hedrick told Baird that he is a disabled veteran, and he let him know that it is not his right to decide if he can keep his own health care plan.

Hedrick also told Baird, "I kept my oath" to defend the U.S. Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and asked Baird if he intended to keep his oath?

The crowning point was when Hedrick blasted the congressman for having used the term "brownshirts" to refer to anti-ObamaCare protesters. He told Baird that the Nazis were members of the "National SOCIALIST Party" and they took over the "car industry, and health care." He closed with saying that if Nancy Pelosi is looking for swastikas, she might try looking on her own sleeve.

Wow! This brave veteran summed it all up in just a few words. God bless him! I hope we'll be hearing a lot more from him in the future.

Nelsa August 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I saw this clip earlier and I think it is the BEST statement/question I have heard to date during a town hall. I hope this guy is for real because his words speak for me and my family. He will be vilified by the left and the MSM for sure.

Democracy is a wonderful thing aint it?

BrianinMO August 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Nelsa,
It really is! You are right that this fine veteran said it all about as well as it could be said. I hope Hannity or O'Reilly will find him and interview him more extensively.

Diogenes August 22, 2009 at 11:08 PM

And it's funny that the very people who make such a huge (undeserved) "point" with this symantic anomaly don't really care what the Democratic Party calls itself, officially; they want to rename them the Democrat Party or the Democrat Socialist Party!

And I'm sorry he's disabled, but the fact that HE wore military insignias on his sleeve doesn't give him the privilege of insulting anybody else with stupid, loose "Nazi" talk. We ought to be trying to purge that kind of mindless rhetoric from EVERYBODY's vocabulary, instead of praising those who use it for "our" side while vilifying those of the "other" side who use it.

Nelsa August 22, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Diogenes-
You said"ONly one who knows nothing of history or politics would seriously argue that Nazis are true Socialists because the word "Socialist" appeared in their party name. They coul have called themselves the Socialist Aardvarks, but taht wouldn't make them Socialist or aardvarks."

If you recall,Congressman Baird is the one that called US brownshirts and then apologized for it.

The Marine's analogy was %100 correct in that he defined the policies of the Nazi Party and used them to compare to the current administration policies.
Specifically, he mentioned the takeover of financial institutions,car industry, and healthcare. Like it or not, Socialism has a definition.

I do understand your reasoning for wanting to tone down the rhetoric but now is the time to rachet up the "RHETORIC" before we are incrementally lulled in to point of no return for our representative republic.

Anonymous,  August 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Diogenes said..."We ought to be trying to purge that kind of mindless rhetoric from EVERYBODY's vocabulary"

And that sums up everything that is wrong with the Progressives.

Anonymous,  August 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM

This Marine is another right wing nut. The government is faced with a huge financial mess caused by health care insurance companies. The public option allows him to keep his insurance company. Yet he has to bitch about that. Then he compares Pelosi to the Nazis. He is clearly a disruptor with no legitimate statement.

Diogenes August 23, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Nelsa, sorry, but the YouTube heckler was wrong. I don't care WHAT Rep. Baird or anybody else said about "brown shirts"; that's not my point. And you may be correct about the Nazis seizing control of industry in their run-up to war. But that doesn't make them "Socialists" under the proper definition of that term. We tend to (mis)use the term "socialist" to apply to any sort of totalitarian government or, worse yet, any system of government that we don't care for.

And Anon? By "purging" the Nazi label from our vocabulary, I wasn't suggesting that there should be any sort of legal action taken in that regard. I support freedom of speech as much as the next person. But I also think we should realize that, with that freedom of speech, there is nothing in the law that stops us from having the good sense not to use any word that pops into our mind at any given moment. We ARE allowed to exercise some self-restraint, in case you didn't know.

Anonymous,  August 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Diogenes, you are an ignorant slob and the face of the Democratic Party.

Alex August 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM

The Nazis were non-communistic socialists.

Study some history. All government resources, not distributed by government were vested by the government, for the people, in order to from the ubermensch (super man).

Nazism endorses socialist control of all resources and equal divisionary distribution. That is pure socialism, referred to by the Nazis as "The Third Method".

Diogenes August 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Hey, I may plead guilty to the "ignorant slob" part, but hanging my face on the entire Democratic Party is just wrong.

PhreedomPhan August 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Mr. Hedrick was absolutely right and Diogenes is wrong. The only significant difference between the Communists and Fabian Socialists on the one hand and the National Socialist and Fascists on the other is that the former purport to be international in scope and the latter are national.

I've long maintained, and I think the history of financial backing supports this, that Communism, Socialism, and Fascism are slightly variant forms of the ultimate Capitalist monopoly. Under these "systems," the state owns or controls everything and the capitalists own the state.

Take a look at the 1940's New World Moral Order map and plan on my lostliberty blog. Note particularly point 39 of the plan in regard to Soc., Comm., and Fasc.
BTW, since I first put that up, more graphics programs can handle jpeg2000 so you might be able to download from the Library of Congress. I recommend everyone have their own copy.

Rick

PS
If he is looking for an honest man in either party, Diogenes is wasting his time

NavyDoc August 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Diogenes,

When you said... "but the fact that HE wore military insignias on his sleeve doesn't give him the privilege of insulting anybody else with stupid, loose "Nazi" talk."

I would like to remind you that it was the Democrates and the Progressives that started this whole comparison to Nazi's. They started it back when the former administration was doing things they did not like and were trying to drum up public support to their view. They also started it when the town hall meetings started swinging away from them and became what they truely were meant to be and that is a forum for The People to tell the ELECTED politicians that are SUPPOSED to represent them what they want and feel. He has MORE of a right to call people pushing this health care "option" that they are Nazi's than ANYONE in the government has to calling people speaking their minds and hearts Nazi's for not agreeing with the administrations attempts to usurp our rights. Does that get threw that closed minded "left wing nut" brain of yours or are you walking threw life with blinders on as our "representatives" are? Politicians who create laws, regulations, capture the private industries so they can be controlled by a chosen few "for the good fot he people" are socialists. Plain and simple.

Diogenes August 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I'm not sure that the Democrats and Progressives did start the Nazi talk -- and I'll concede that this particular congressman (I found out later) may have instigated it days earlier with his own "brownshirt" comment -- as I seem to recall El Rushbore coming out with some pretty vile stuff beforehand, but I'll say this:

We are now at a point where whoever started it is immaterial. It is now well past time that WE END IT, as a nation of semi-responsible adults. It's old, it's tired but, more importantly, it's WRONG. We're Americans. We may very well be Americans that disagree fundamentally on these kind of issues, but this senseless name-calling of this magnitude is, well... senseless.

Just a personal opinion I have -- feel free to throw around all the brownshirt swastika Nazi references you feel like. I just happen to think it sucks, and it reflects badly on all of us as Americans.

Anonymous,  August 24, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Diogenes needs to go back and read some history. I'm a service member that have served in two armed forces (Army and Air Force). Nancay Pelosi was the one that started this Nazi "talk" acussing people whihout seeing a single person with swatikas. NO WERE NOT GOING TO END IT. Diogenes if its too hot for you then get out of the kitchen! We are all going to keep reminding and reminding everyone (specially those congressmen) who brought it up first. And throw back those same words back at thier faces for saying it. Remember this:

Senate Speech 10 October 2002, by Hillary Clinton.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say, "We are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!"

I'm sick and tired of comgressmen(women) and senators calling us Nazis and brown shirts, mobs and whatever else. I'm an American and have the right to debate and disagree and we will! Its called the First Amendment guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. When was the last time you read it. I did a week ago.

Anonymous,  August 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM

My Dear Diogenes:

Since this started we who disagree with those who are in power have been accused of racism, of being ignorant, of being Nazis. I for one am tiered of it.

Liberals start the personal attacks when confronted. They go into Victim stance that they have perfected. For years it has shut those of us on the other side up.
BUT NOT THIS TIME. This is our turn to speak truth to power.

I wrote Baird and asked him not to vote for Tarp, not to vote for the bail outs until there was time to consider what we were getting into. Not to rush into the stimulus. He has helped triple the debt in a few short months, and if they call me a Nazi, or a racist or ignorant I WILL be in their face, asking them to prove it.

I think Obama was asking people to get into their neighbors faces about this time last year.
Looks like he had one of those teaching moments, because its a lesson I learned well.

Diogenes August 24, 2009 at 9:18 PM

You know, you're right, boys. You've served in seven different branches of the Armed Forces, fought in 39 wars to defend my freedoms. The Liberal Progressive Communist Socialist Nazis started calling innocent quiet-as-a-churchmouse protesters "brownshirts" and you He-Men are a'gonna FINISH IT, By God!

It's getting to the point where it's like a nuclear Armageddon: who cares who "started it" when all we can see around us is scorched earth?

This nonsense of "You started it." "No,you did." "No, YOU DID!" is something that we were supposed to have outgrown in elementary school. But, again, if that's what gets you through your day, have at it. I'm sure somebody, somewhere is impressed by false bravura.

Anonymous,  August 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Diogenes,
What are you, besides an absolute Moron?

A simple search of Wikipedia for the terms "Socialism" and "Nazi" prove your wrong and the United States Marine is right. End of discussion.

Now run along and crawl back into your hole...

Diogenes August 25, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Another sign of the rise and fall of the American Republic: true education is now replaced by "a simple search of Wikipedia".

Simple answers for simple minds. "It says 'Socialist' right in the title, 'National Socialist' so that's all I needs to know!"

Diogenes August 25, 2009 at 10:39 AM

PhreedomPhan August 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Unfortunately, education was replaced by globalist indoctrination (call it Socialist or Fascist if you want, it's all financed by the money powers) in our schools decades ago. It coincided with the dumbing down to help make America a third world nation.

I think the dumbing down is highlighted by those who object when Hendrick speaks the truth.

It's sad that, no matter how simple an answer, there are some minds too simple to grasp it.

PhreedomPhan

Diogenes August 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

More tinfoil, Captain Phan. YOU NEED MORE TINFOIL!

PhreedomPhan August 25, 2009 at 2:52 PM

No! No! No! Tinfoil doesn't work! It won't block the radiation from...up there! You need aluminum foil. It has to be in two layers separated by insulating spacers no more than 1/8" thick and no less than 3/32". This causes the radiation from...up there...to create an eddy current between the layers that effectively blocks it.

I deeply regret that I was unable to get this vital information to you before your brains were fried.

Rick
I've seen the truth of it and was spreading the word in the 70's and 80's, but I got burned out because nobody was listening and total media control made it almost impossible to get the word out to those who were. Unfortunately, there was no internet to counter the lies. Please take a look at the New World Order – Death of America in my lostliberty blog. I had put segments of the map that I scanned in several discussion group galleries several years before the Library of Congress digitized theirs and made it available. In americasenemies I point out that the Council on Foreign Relations is America's ruling party. I also have some info on the Trilaterals but haven't followed up as I should. Bilderberg is also covered and now that I have the source from you on the Club of Rome I hope to get chance to put something up on that. It won't be easy since my mind is nowhere near as sharp as it was 20 years ago. Probably the result of early stages of fluoride induced Alzheimer's.

I was associated with a man back in the 70's and 80's who was what I call a “conspiracy watcher.” When I first knew him, he had a 40' basement filled, and I do mean filled, with bookcases and file cabinets which were, themselves, overfilled with books, documents, and clippings by and about the “non-existent” conspiracy. He had been a “watcher” most of his adult life. Much of what he had he collected himself, but much had been inherited from his mentor, a Philadelphia woman who had been a “watcher” most of her adult life. He's trying to get as much up on the web as he can before he leaves this place and has created a site for it. It has a lot of good info in it, and some less than great because he has hired some kids to scan in the documents and they don't know how to discriminate. Still, you might find some information you can use there. It's in PDF form.

Rick

PhreedomPhan August 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM

My apologies to the posters here. I was so upset that I was too late to save even a single gray cell for diogenes that I inadvertently pasted an answer I'd typed for someone in a different group. Still, the site I linked might be interesting to some here.

Captain Phan

Anonymous,  August 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Diogenes, please keep posting - you are making our point for all of us! Didn’t your parents ever teach you that “it is best to remain silent and be thought the fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”? What gives you the right to push your views on the rest of us (you seem to agree with the Democrats)? If you want it (socialized healthcare) so bad, you are free to move to another country that has it – My view does not force anything on you – it just makes you pay for your own way and what you use… and frankly, this Administration should really be focusing on getting people back into a job, not this… PROVE that you can fix something first.

Anonymous,  August 25, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Diogenes,
"Can't we all just get along." That's how PC you sound once your arguments are soundly defeated. "Pleease lets' all stop the name calling." 60+ years ago Admiral Yammamoto made a very prophetic comment; one that the President and many of his followers are no doubt recalling at the end of each and every day.
"I FEAR WE HAVE AWAKENED A SLEEPING GIANT" [para-phrased]

PhreedomPhan August 26, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Anonymous, let's hope the "sleeping giant" stays awake long enough to stop the next big rip-off, Cap and Trade. It has passed the House and is coming up for a Senate vote in September. In anticipation, Goldman Sachs has purchased $1 Billion in "carbon assets" which they will probably sell to the U.S. taxpayer for $5 billion to give to China.

Diogenes August 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM

If you fire-breathing macho men can't tell the difference between "why can't we all get along?" and "why can't we stop calling each other Nazis?" there's nothing I could say to change your attitudes one iota.

Be loud and proud, if that's what gives you a chub.

Anonymous,  August 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Diogenes; who said we were all men? That is so stereo-typically liberal of you - the ASSUMPTION that everyone posting here were, in your own words, “fire-breathing macho men”. Also, never did I call you a Nazi, I did call you a fool; and you removed all doubt of that fact when you began posting here (or, in other words, opened your mouth)... Interesting that you accused that of all of us though (calling people Nazis)… there is an old saying – the person that protests the loudest, in all probability, is what they are being accused of. I would advise that you THINK a little more before you (re)act, but I have a feeling that process may not be within your abilities…

tbasherizer August 27, 2009 at 4:08 AM

I'm a retired five-star General who served in all of our Glorious Republic's wars since time immemorial. Respect me. The Democrats haven't murdered twelve million people, but guess who did? The Democrats didn't use street violence to intimidate voters, but guess who did? The Democrats don't believe in a Master Race, but guess who did? Tying the Democrats to Nazis through a leap-of-faith comparison of welfare to worker's control and twisting of semantics is a horrible crime in itself. To bandy about the name of a party responsible for the downright slaughter of millions and to throw it at a group who are trying to brake the monopoly on health insurance in the interests of the people is an atrocity. Don't toss out some O'Reilly/Beck conspiracy-type theory about an African master race, but actually think before you slander!

Diogenes August 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Anon, the issue isn't about YOU calling anybody a Nazi, the issue is about this loud-mouthed ex-Marine calling people Nazis. And the congressman referring to "brownshirts". And all the other people -- on EITHER "side" -- making Nazi references.

It's not all about you. In fact, none of it is about you.

EssSea,  August 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Actually, Diogenes, you have been the one making it about the other posters here - just scroll up and look at the personal attacks you have posted (tin foil hats for example)... as for the Marine, well, he actually did not call anyone a Nazi - he REACTED to being called one himself(There is a difference), and spoke of History - the Nazis were a Socialist Party (that is Fact). you will note that the disrespectable rep from WA attempted to lie about calling people Brownshirts too - first it was "I didn't do that" than "I appologized for that"... it can't be both.

EssSea,  August 27, 2009 at 1:05 PM

tbasherizer - you are a retired 5 star general??? OK, what is your name then? Prove it. I have some very strong doubts of that statement...

Get Real,  August 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

reality check - The Democrats have been the first to pull out this Nazi comparison - they have been doing it since the Reagan era. you can't have it both ways... guys. what a bunch of Crybabies you democrats are - you call someone a name and then cry foul when you get the same in return. go back to living in mommies basement

PhreedomPhan August 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

General, just which “Glorious Republic” did you serve? The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics? The People's Republic of China? They love the term “Glorious Republic.”

You are absolutely right! The Democrats haven't murdered twelve million people. Just add up the counts for WWI and WWII to get their total.

Don't for one minute believe that the Democrats don't believe in a Master Race. Both they and the Republicans have been dominated by globalists and many can trace their roots back to Mutha England. Hitler greatly admired the “race-consciousness” of the English and may well have taken much of his idea from them. Delve deeply into history and you might well draw the conclusion that we have been under British control since Washington and Hamilton. They tied us to the Bank of England with the national bank. They created that bank against the strong protest of the real American, Jefferson.

If you'd lived in or around Philadelphia in the 1970's or 80's and been conscious, you might have seen the wealthy Tories and Royalists from Philadelphia's Main Line troop to the restaurant in Wanamaker's Mezzanine. This they did for a $1000 a plate dinner whenever one of the Royal Bandits came, palms up, for a visit. Although I can't vouch for this, it's my understanding that the same thing happened in just about every major U.S. city. It makes sense. I haven't been active for many years and Wanamaker's is closed, but I'd be willing to bet Starbucks Coffee and doughnuts to dollars that it's still going on.

“Tying the Democrats to Nazis through a leap-of-faith comparison of welfare to worker's control and twisting of semantics is a horrible crime in itself.” What in hell is that supposed to mean. Sounds like a twisting of semantics or a perversion of logic, both “horrible crimes.” Are you saying you support the welfare state as well as the warfare state? Did your oath to uphold the Constitution mean nothing to you?

Do you honestly believe Obama and his crowd of Clinton/Bush leftovers is going to break the “monopoly on health insurance?” How? Like he and Bush broke the monopoly of the banks on money? For someone who claims to be a retired five-star general, you are incredibly naive. There is entirely too much politics involved in rising through the military ranks. Just as a test of your claim's validity, which of the following organizations do you belong to:
Council on Foreign Relations? Trilateral Commission? Bilderberg? Club of Rome? Rhodes Scholars? Skull & Bones? GlobalElders? Other?

I remind you that the “brown shirt” label was applied by Obama's crowd and their Gimmee Gangster followers to opponents of “healthcare”. To be fair, I recall Bush and his gang's philosophy, “If you're not with us, you're against us.” I was! And I am against Uncle Tom and his thugs.

I admit I consider this site to be a “conservative” and Republican spin site. It's the equivalent of the “liberal” and Democratic spin site [half-]Truthdig. I have no use for either party and have battled the mindless followers* of both on the Internet. In one group of pseudo-Christian Neo-Cons, I was warmly accepted when it was learned I despised Rhodes Scholar Bill Clinton. When they learned I hated George Bush after the inexcusable invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, they turned on me like a pack of wild dogs. I named them the “Hyena Pack.”

*I don't apply that term to those Republicans and Democrats that recognize that there is no difference but hope to turn their party away from globalism and return it to patriotism. I hope that sooner or later they will realize they are beating a dead donkey or elephant as the case may be.

Rick
18th Century Liberal
21st Century Reactionary

EssSea,  August 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I like to use the analogy that the Republicans are Heads of a coin, and the Democrats are tails of a coin - either way, it's the same coin. It's time for a new coin... these two parties are really just like Professional wrestling. And really the biggest scam on the public of this country (the two party system that is) IF YOU REALLY WANT CHANGE DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE IN EITHER PARTY!!!

As far the comparison that ‘conservative is to republican as liberal is to democrat’, I think that is not entirely true - TRUE conservatives call for small Government. A better substitute would be religious right. There are actual conservative Democrats even (rarer and seldom out of the local political scene). Personally, I am a Constitutionalist and encourage everyone to study the constitution – after all, it does contain your rights in this country… the less you are aware of them, the easier it is to have them taken away from you.

EssSea,  August 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM

For those of you that think that the Nazis were not a Socialist State (you know who you are):

the author is George Reisman, Ph.D., is Pepperdine University Professor Emeritus of Economics

PhreedomPhan August 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

EssSea, I agree with your first paragraph, but not entirely with your second. I intentionally put liberal and conservative in quotes. These are the roles assigned them by the production's directors. None are really liberals nor conservatives. Like the names Republican and Democrat, they're designed to make people think they have a choice. While TRUE conservatives in the old sense wanted to preserve the limitations and separations of the Constitution, the TRUE liberal sought greater individual liberty. There really wasn't that much difference. Unfortunately, with the Money Power behind the Statists, now Globalists, they were able to take over both. Now they are just instruments of the Hegelian dialectic.

In the days when there were still some true liberals and true conservatives, I called myself a conservative. I was chairman of our county committee of a small PA conservative party called the Constitutional Party of Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, we no longer have a Constitution. It has been replaced by something called the “living” Constitution which is no constitution at all. It's premise is that the Constitution is subject to interpretation at the whim of those in power.

Rick

EssSea,  August 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM

That clarifies your meaning for me - I was going by the actual historical definition of what was both really - but you are 100% right on the money there - anyone can call themselves anything - and not actually be the very thing they call themselves (another part of the problem call it a need for truth in advertising here). In the historical since, both Liberals and Conservatives wanted the same things – but everything has been twisted to another meaning now – couple that with the mainstream media’s intent on drumming up controversy on any event rather than actually REPORT the FACTS of an event, and you have the chaos we have now.

I have been a constitutionalist since as long as I had any political interest. And we do still have a constitution, but since no one wants to read it, or actually learn, most people do not see the day to day disregard of that constitution by our elected officials as they do not have any idea how these very officials are in violation of the law… combine that with the fact that no one is really held accountable to any degree… (I mean, if someone else gets elected – so what – these guys have the only job that still pays them after they have been “fired” – and it takes an act of god for any of them to get prison time – remember Clinton’s lie to congress? That would have gotten any of us 10 years in the fed penn…but I digress) it’s high time to start locking these people up and throwing away the keys…

PhreedomPhan August 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

As far as I'm concerned, I now believe that the people of these United States lost their liberty when they allowed the Articles of Confederation to be thrown out. The Constitution, as it was reported out of the Convention was a blueprint for a centralized, totalitarian tyranny. Only the alertness of men like Jefferson, Methacton Smith, and Richard Henry Lee kept Hamilton and the economic royalists from grabbing everything at the start. They were responsible for the Bill of Rights, which, unfortunately, were only a temporary setback to the plans. When they got the Federal Reserve, took the Senate from State control, and passed the income tax amendment, it was over. It will take a near miraculous awakening of the people to restore the Constitution.

If you get the chance, take a look at my post "Regionalism - The Death of the American System" in my lostliberty blog. Washington used its new control of the monetary system to reduce the States to conquered provinces. While you're there, skip over to the Ohio Republic blog in my favorite blog list. There you'll see some efforts that are being taken to take back sovereignty.

Rick

Anonymous,  August 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

We're no stranger to loove...